Well, 2018 you were rad but I think it’s time to move on. I experienced personal losses and challenges and don’t even get me started on the political climate but I also made some amazing memories and focused on living more intentionally. I got my first tattoo (a Lily flower, of course), traveled to the Middle East, re-launched this blog and saw my best friend marry the man of her dreams.
Now I know I may be a smidge late when it comes to my New Year’s Resolutions, but in my defense, it’s been an eventful January considering we’re only halfway through the month. If you follow my Instagram you’ve likely seen that I took a road trip for my annual Christmas trip with my roommate. We started off in Charleston and then made our way to Asheville, Nashville, and Philadelphia. I plan on writing some content around these beautiful and fun cities but for now, I want to look toward 2019 and plan out some goals for the year and just maybe, spark some inspiration your way!
Fitness & Health Focused Goals:
- Exercise three times a week. I recently starting using a personal trainer, Ben from Optimal Performance, and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve been pretty touch-and-go with my fitness routine this past year but with the new year it’s the perfect opportunity to start fresh and hit the ground running – literally.
- Take supplements each day. Courtesy of Ben, I’ve got my weekly pill box organized with all my supplements. From fish oil to magnesium tablets, green tea extract and more, I’m finally developing a routine to make sure I don’t miss a day.
- Visit three national parks this year and hike until the sun goes down. My favorite form of exercise is among the mountains, jamming out to my Nature Playlist.
Personal Development Goals:
- Write in my 5-Minute Journal every morning and night to practice gratitude and mindfulness
- Read a non-fiction book each month. While I can easily get swept away in any romance novel, I’m setting a goal of reading a non-fiction book each month so I can focus on educating myself in areas that interest me. A few that are on the top of the list are “Becoming: Michelle Obama“, “Notorious RBG” and “Girl, Stop Apologizing“.
- Get involved in college football. I’ll admit it. I’m 100% that girl that loves to tailgate but never goes to the actual game (hangs head in shame). That said, it’s definitely something I want to start learning more about so I’m setting a goal to attend more UCF games and become more aware of the world of college football. Then maybe next year I can graduate to the NFL. Baby steps, friends.
- Take a solo trip somewhere. As I’m sure you’re aware, your girl loves to travel. Yet, I still haven’t planned a solo trip for myself and it’s been on my mind for a while now. A lot of people talk about how it’s one of the best experiences so for 2019, I’m making it a priority.
- Stay informed. I try not to get too political on here but I think it’s important to stay up to date on the news, regardless on where you get it (just not FOX. lol jk, but seriously…). For me, I love getting the Buzzfeed News morning newsletter and I listen to the
BetchesSup podcast twice a week to hear what’s going on in the world. With the 2020 election coming up, it’s more important than ever to know what’s going on. As they say, knowledge is power.
- Grow my Instagram following to 1,500 followers (wanna make my day and help? follow me here!)
- Create at least one blog post a month, focusing on high-quality content that gets me excited to write
- Partner with a brand that I’m passionate about – looking at you @AirBnb 😉
- Explore video editing. I won a GoPro from my job last year – don’t hate I won a Star Wars Storm Trooper apron this year to balance the scale – and I’ve taken some footage from my trips but I’ve struggled to put it all together. This year, I’d like to learn more about video editing so I can share some cool content your way!
Well, that’s it for now! I’m looking forward to looking back on these goals at the end of the year and seeing what I was able to accomplish. Happy goal setting!